Wimbledon School of English to remain open during second lockdown in England
England Lockdown from Thursday 5th November 2020
We’re sure you’ve heard that England is going into a form of lockdown from Thursday 5th November. However, this time our Government guidelines say that schools, colleges and universities should stay open, so WSE will remain open unless things change.
Of course, the safety of our students and staff is extremely important, and we do feel that remaining open is also important for the welfare of the 50 students we have in school this week. We continue to follow very strict safety measures in school, and we are lucky that our students can walk or cycle to school from their accommodation if they wish. The only change is that we will be moving the social programme online from Thursday. Here’s a link to give you an idea of the great things we can offer for our online programme.
Travel into the UK is still allowed, with quarantine restrictions as per the UK travel corridors, so if you have students due to arrive within the next 4 weeks they are still very welcome. If students wish to postpone or cancel, here’s a reminder of our Covid Terms & Conditions:
For all future bookings, there are no charges for cancelling or postponing a course.
Postponing a course
- If a student wishes to postpone their course we will give a credit voucher valid for two years from the course start date.
Cancelling a course
- Students may cancel up to 7 days before the course start date. Students may choose between a credit voucher (as above) or a full refund of fees, less any bank charges.
- If the student cancels under 7 days before the course start date, we will give a credit voucher valid for 2 years from the course start date.
Current Bookings for School-based Courses
For all students who have already booked on school-based courses but are unable to attend because the school is closed or because of travel restrictions, the following options are available:
- A credit voucher valid for 2 years from the course start date.
- Transfer of all of the fees to online courses.
- Transfer of part of the fees to online courses, with a credit voucher as above for the remaining balance.
- A full refund (except for any bank charges).
NB: All vouchers are non-transferable except to another family member.
For those who prefer to study from the comfort of their own home, all our in-school classes are also available as a hybrid option, and we have a great choice on Live Online classes running now, and an even more exciting programme from January 2021 – details below