Updated on 23rd February 2021
You may be planning a study trip to the UK, but are hesitant because you have to quarantine and self-isolate for 10 days on arrival. Quarantine is not as bad as it sounds and the 10 days goes very quickly. We know because several of our staff are having to quarantine after holidays in Spain, France & the Netherlands. The most important thing for us is that you arrive safely in the UK, and enjoy your time here in Wimbledon. We have been working tirelessly behind the scenes to make sure our school and accommodation options are at the highest standard for our students when they arrive in the UK.
- How long do I need to quarantine for?
You need to stay in quarantine for 10 days from your arrival in the UK
Can I go out?
No, you cannot leave your house or residence during the quarantine period.
- What about my course?
We will live-stream the lessons to you, so that you will join the classes at the normal time, and be with everyone in our WSE classroom virtually, so you will still be able to get to know your teacher and classmates. Please let us know at time of booking if you do not wish to do this.
- What about the social programme?
Each week we offer a choice of online social activities such as virtual guided tours of popular British tourist attractions, an online Language Café, online karaoke, online quizzes and online talent shows.
- What about my accommodation?
You have the choice of either staying with a host family, or in one of our student houses:
If you choose homestay with a host family
- You will need to stay in your room as much as possible.
- You must wear a mask in the company of others.
- You will be able to use the garden.
- Lunch is provided in your room by the host. There is an additional charge of £3.00 per day for lunch.
- Your evening meal is provided in your room by the host.
- Your laundry is included and will be done by the host. You will need to put it in the laundry bag provided. Hosts normally do the laundry once or twice a week.
If you choose a student house
- You will need to stay in your room for most of the time.
- You will be able to use the garden in the mornings when the other students are out.
- Your room will have a small fridge, oven, and kettle so you can prepare your own food. NB Kings Lodge only. Rooms in Queen’s Lodge will have a fridge and kettle but no oven. You cannot prepare your own hot meals in Queens Lodge.
- We will provide you with mugs, plates, knives, forks, glasses, pans etc.
- You can order your supermarket food online. If there are any problems with this, we can help you.
- You can order meals from many different providers. Deliveroo and Just Eat are popular
- The school can provide your lunch for you at a cost of £5.00 per day, and dinner (main course and dessert) at a cost of £10.00 per day.
- We will provide a laundry rota to allow each person to do their laundry on a different day.
We hope that these frequently asked questions help you make a more informed decision on whether to travel to the UK to study English.
For all information about Covid-19 guidelines at Wimbledon School of English, visit:
- General English
- IELTS Preparation
- Cambridge Exam Preparation
- Business English & Professional Skills
- OET Preparation
- Teacher Training Courses
- Online Courses
If we haven't answered your quarantine questions here, then please get in touch and we will be happy to help you.
TEL: +44 (0) 20 8947 1921