What are the technical requirements for the online courses?
You will need:
A computer, large tablet or smartphone with a broadband connection of 10mbs or more. For the best experience, use a computer or large tablet.
Headphones and a webcam
Accessing the classes:
Live face-to-face English lessons via Zoom
Zoom is free to download. A video on how to sign up to Zoom is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFhAEoCF7jg
A link will be sent to your email address which will allow you to access the classes.
How do these online courses/lessons work?
· They work in the same way as our school-based classes, so you’ll be studying face to face in a group with classmates from all over the world.
· Pair and group speaking activities just as in a real classroom
· Full time 20 or 25 lessons – flexible timetable to accommodate different time zones
· You’ll have free access to e-Wimbledon, our online learning system, which means you can continue learning whilst offline.
· You’ll get homework every day as normal Laughing
· You’ll have regular 1-to-1 tutorials every 2-4 weeks with your teacher
· Progress will be checked weekly
· Daily drop-in zoom sessions with the academic office
If you have any problems, our academic team are here to help you – you’ll be given their contact details when you register.
Will I need a book for the online course?
Yes, for most courses you will need either a digital coursebook or possibly a physical coursebook – we also design and share our own materials. You will be charged a learning materials fee when booking your course. The learning materials fee is based on the number of weeks you are studying for.
How do I register?
Please apply and pay using our online booking process, which can be accessed on each course page.
Alternatively: please email our Registrar: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re having difficulties, contact our Registrar, and she can send you a confirmation letter and invoice by email. The invoice will have details on how to make payment. You will be sent further information and login details about the course as soon as your payment has reached our account.
What happens next after I have registered for a class?
When you book and pay online, our Registrar will process your booking and you will receive a confirmation letter by email, usually within 24 hours.
If you have sent us an application form via email:
Once our Registrar has processed your booking, you will receive a confirmation letter and invoice by email. The invoice will have details on how to make payment. You will be sent further information and login details about the course as soon as your payment has reached our account.
When do I have to pay for the online course/classes?
If you are booking on our website, you will be asked to pay for your course through our secure online payment system.
If you have sent us an application form, you will be asked to pay for your course in full before the start date of your course.
Please make payment as soon as you receive the invoice. Your invoice will be sent to you by email together with your confirmation letter, usually within 24 hours of your booking.
How to make an international payment with Flywire:
Go to wimbledonflywire.flywire.com
· Select your country of origin and preferred payment method
· Enter your payment details and receive confirmation of your payment booking
· Track your payment from start to finish on your student dashboard
Debit/Credit Card Payments:
Please visit: www.wimbledon-school.ac.uk/payaninvoice
Please be sure to include your student ID or date of birth as a reference.
Your payment invoice will include our bank details, should you prefer to make payment by bank transfer.